9.3.11

Bike Tart

I love my bike. I do. But I have become a bike tart. Why? Because I am breaking up with my bicycle, poor Hildegarde. She did nothing wrong. It wasn't her it was me. Truly.


Photobucket
Hildegarde and I in happier times.

The story is that I thought about buying a new bike when Hildegarde was in the shop getting a new back wheel. I strayed... I shopped around... I, oops, bought a new bike. So I hope that Hildegarde will be loved by her new owner (whoever they may be) and I will always think fondly of her. Maybe with time the guilt will subside...

This cat is wearing my current guilty facial expression...

Photobucket


Sooo now, meet Sister Abernathy. She is my new shiny, beautiful bicycle from Gazelle bikes. I am not fickle people, I plan to stick with this one and for good reasons. Such a smooth riding experience, easy gear changes and in a lovely upright position to cruise along. As a new bike, Sister Abernathy may need some character building but I think I can manage that. The witch has already been added.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

J-bot and I are both fans of Dutch bikes for obvious reasons, so if you are thinking of going that way I suggest you check out Gazelle's range of bikes. And say hi to Paul at Gazelle for us, he is the most helpful man on the planet and knows his stuff! As for Sister Abernathy and I, we will be riding off into the sunset happily ever after!

Pish tosh xx

No comments: