11.12.10

Sonia Rykiel Hearts Bikes Heart Sonia Rykiel

J-Bot's Stylish Summer Cycling Inspiration:

Sonia Rykiel's collaboration with H&M last year was a very nice little collection, but I have to admit it wasn't the clothes that caught my attention as much as the launch party. The show was held in a theme park setting around a giant light-up replica of the Eiffel Tower. It was like a crazy, whimsical circus had come to town with marching bands, ferris-wheels, geese, chandeliers, parade floats and girls with massive hair on bikes...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These photos are from all over the internet, including these places.

No angry Sydney motorist would dare hurl verbal threats at me as I whizzed by on my bike looking oh, so carefree...

I keep coming back to these pictures again and again. Yes, I know the range is verging on more winter than summer, what with all the stockings and knits and what-not, but there is such a lovely, fun Parisian-chic vibe to the styling. To me, it's a 'summer' influenced range, and that's what I'm going to be channeling for these lovely warmer months. Anyway, who wouldn't want to be part of Sonia's bike gang? No-one, that's who!

So this summer, do as Sonia Rykiel's bicycle girls do: paint on the red lipstick, pull up those stripey socks, fluff that hair and smile!


Photobucket

j-bot.xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

レイバンって、そんなに品質がいいですか?今年の夏は熱くて日差しキツイので、人生初のサングラでもゲットしようかと思っていて、友達にレイバン サングラスを薦められました。特にレイバン ウェイファーラーが人気あるらしいですけど、どのモデルがいいでしょうか?